Terms & Conditions
08-09 June 2022
Virtual, at home
These terms and conditions set out your rights and obligations in connection with participating at the event. All the terms of this agreement are legally binding, so please read them through carefully.
Terms & Conditions - updated 21 January 2022
These Terms and Conditions of booking and the cancellation and refunds policy (together, the “Conditions”) shall apply to an event organised and administered by Software Acumen Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”) and made available to the participant (“you” or “your”).
- Upon payment of the contribution or booking fee in cleared funds, you shall be entitled to:
- Participate fully in the event programme on the day(s) you have booked for. Participation in some elements of an event programme may be subject to session capacity. Question and Answer elements may only be available during the scheduled publication period.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for arranging and paying for your own expenses connected with attending an Event. This includes Wi-Fi or other internet access requirements you may have.
- We need to hold information you provide to us for administrative and operational purposes. Summary information, which may include personal information such as contact details, will be provided by us to all session leaders. Personal information you provide may also be made available to organisations involved in administering, organising, sponsoring or supporting the Event and this may include organisations outside the European Community.
- You hereby consent to the processing, disclosure and transfer of your personal information for the purposes described above.
- We will only use your personal information after the event for direct marketing purposes if you have provided your consent by ticking the relevant box within the ‘We'd like to keep in contact’ section when you register for the event on Eventbrite. You can at any time withdraw this consent by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can view our full privacy notice here
- We can only issue a letter of support once the ticket price has been received in cleared funds. Unfortunately this means that we can only issue letters of support for participants paying by invoice, not by credit card. If you need a letter of support then please request an invoice.
Warranties and Liability
- Whilst we shall use reasonable skill and care with regards to organising and providing the event, we do not guarantee that you will receive any particular outcome or result in respect of your attendance at the event.
- Under no circumstances shall our liability to you arising out of or in connection with these Conditions exceed the total amount payable by you to us in respect of the contribution or booking fee. For the avoidance of doubt, our liability to you shall not extend to any indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered or incurred by you.
Notwithstanding the above , we do not exclude or limit our liability for:
- personal injury (including sickness and death) to the extent that such injury results from the negligence or wilful default of us or our employees; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- any other liability to the extent the same cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- We reserve the right to vary the event programme at any time.
- Where a discounted booking fee is claimed we reserve the right to confirm eligibility.
- We are not responsible for the views or opinions expressed by tutorial or session leaders, sponsors, or other participants.
- If performance of our obligations as set out in these Conditions shall be delayed by a Force Majeure Event, then we shall have the right to suspend without liability further performance of our obligations until such time as the cause of delay shall no longer be present.
- For the purposes of these Conditions, a Force Majeure Event shall mean an event beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving a parties workforce or any other party), failure of a subcontractor to perform, failure of a utility service or transport network, power failure, telecommunication failure or internet failure, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, fire, flood, storm.
Addendum and Additional Notes
- We will record sessions online via Zoom, if you join a session that is being recorded it will warn you of this when you join. Videos will be added online to the virtual venue for 30 days and then shared via our website with a passcode - after which they may be made public and/or shared via our various networks for promotional purposes - e.g on mailings. If you do not wish to be included in the recording we recommend that you keep your camera and mic turned off during the session.
- We encourage use of social media throughout the event. As a result photographs/screenshots may be taken by anyone involved in and at the event and we don’t moderate content unless it impacts on our Code of Conduct. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns - firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also speak to any members of the team while at the event for immediate support
3. Downloading or sharing of content
- Content published to the Lean Agile Exchange event via our virtual venue shall not be downloaded, shared or used outside of the platform unless access is provided by Software Acumen or the speaker responsible for the recording.
4. Registering on behalf of someone else
- All registrations are considered to be by the individual being registered or with their full knowledge and consent. Please ensure, if you are registering someone else, that they have read and agree to these terms and conditions, our Code of Conduct, have expressed their compliance with any mailing list opt-ins and any other information pertinent to their registration.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Participants must confirm in writing if they no longer wish to attend. No refund will be given if the participant has not informed the organisers of the cancellation in writing prior to the event.
- If a participant is unable to attend, a substitute may participate in their place providing the organisers are notified in writing at least one week before the event. We will levy a £25 + VAT administration fee for substitutions made after this.
- In the event of cancellation by the participant we will refund 100% of booking fees for cancellations received more than 30 days before the event but no refund will be given if cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the event.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the event programme without notice and to cancel the event. In the unlikely event that the event is cancelled a full refund of participants' conference fees will be given. Software Acumen will not be liable for any other costs borne by the participant in any case.