Essex County Council
19 Nov 14:00 — 15:00
About the session
Essex County Council and Cyber-Duck delivered a ten-week discovery of the ECC employee intranet, as a fully blended partnership.
We faced some real challenges– including setting clear expectations, sorting the right technology and access, and blending two remote teams from very different worlds.
We're going to show you how we overcame these challenges to deliver design principles, a few quick wins and a bold proposal to test what an open information and resource platform might look like going into the next phase of work.
- Joint-working with design agencies may be particularly valuable to public sector teams with a new and/or emerging service design function
- How utilising The Digital Marketplace offers the opportunity to procure an outcome rather than an overly specific set of outputs, enabling flexibility in the work and working relationship
- Successful joint-working with design agencies takes time and effort to be successful
- It’s important to consider what working model will work best for what you need to achieve
- Take time before you start the discovery to build team relationships and norms
- Know how and when to have difficult conversations as a discovery team
This session will be:
- Delivered: Live
- Recorded: No
Themes: Team Work, Contracting, Public Sector