19 Nov 11:15 — 13:15
About the session
How can we learn from the software development community and organisations such as Code Your Future to rethink how people enter the design profession?
In this workshop, we will collaboratively explore the approaches taken by organisations such as Code Your Future and identify opportunities to build a more diverse and inclusive design community.
We hope that participants not only find this enlightening but can become involved and take ownership of building this community.
- Understanding of the models of organisations such as Code Your Future and how they bring disadvantaged and under-represented communities into the Software Development profession
- Rich conversation and collaboration leading to the identification of opportunities to replicate or reimagine this model in the design community
- An opportunity to form the part of a new community, taking ownership over the ideas and directions discussed in this forum
- An opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the future of the design community in the UK and beyond
This session will be:
- Delivered: Live
- Recorded: Yes (please note breakout sessions may not be recorded)
- Has a cap of: 50 participants
- Includes: Small group work
Themes: Training, Under-represented Communities, Entry-Level