About the session
Children are curious, brave and not afraid to look stupid, and because of this they are incredibly creative powerhouses. Because research and user experience design are creative endeavours that depend on our ingenuity and problem solving skills, there is a lot we can learn from kids. But at a certain point in our lives, our creative juices run out or plateau.
We’ll look at how children are the ones to learn from if we want to be more innovative.
Participants will learn:
- What creativity really is, and what kids naturally do that to be more creative
- That solving problems (even technical ones) can benefit from a more creative, unconventional approach
- Methods to get themselves and their teams into a more creative frame of mind
- Some techniques and approaches for workshops and meetings to be more innovative (questionstorming, playing devil’s advocate, circle challenge etc) -
- That infusing joy into your approach to work can improve the way you think